It’s hard to believe that summer is almost over and fall is quickly approaching. Before you know it, you’ll be looking for your favorite, cozy hoodie and enjoying pumpkin spice lattes in anticipation for cooler weather. Just as you ready yourself for the cooler temps, don’t forget to get your home ready, too. Here are a few helpful tips to get you started.
- Check your air filter prior to heating season. It’s important to change your air filter on a regular basis. This ensures your system is working efficiently. A clogged air filter can affect your air quality and decrease the longevity of your equipment.
- Schedule a furnace tune-up before the weather turns cool. You’ll want to make sure your furnace is ready and in top shape to handle the cold temperatures ahead. A maintenance tune-up will ensure that it is working safely and efficiently.
- Make sure registers and vents are clear of obstructions, such as furniture or rugs that may have shifted around. Covered vents and registers make your HVAC system work harder and less efficiently.
- Test your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors to make sure they are working properly. It wouldn’t hurt to install a fresh set of batteries, too.
- Turn off outdoor plumbing and drain any outdoor faucets and sprinkler systems. Make sure to cover up any outdoor faucets to protect them from freezing.
- Clean out the gutters. Gutters protect your home by carrying rainwater away from the foundation to prevent flooding and other problems. Try to keep the leaves out of them so they work properly.
Best Heating & Cooling can help you get your furnace ready for the cooler weather. Contact us for a furnace tune-up and we’ll make sure your system is ready to perform safely and efficiently this winter season. Schedule your next appointment online now!