When the calendar shows it’s early August, that means we try to squeeze every last drop of summer fun into our lives before the kids head back to school.
Around the Salt Lake Valley area, here are five, fun, family-friendly ways to do just that:
- Have a specTACOlar time at Tacofest in the valley on August 3.
- Celebrate Zuri’s 10th birthday at Utah’s Hogle Zoo on August 10.
- Explore amazing sidewalk art creations at Chalk the Walk, taking place August 31 at the Salt Lake County Library.
- Visit a Salt Lake Bees game before the season ends on Labor Day, September 2!
- Pack a picnic and take in one of the free summer concerts at Homestead Resort, going on through September 21.
5 Tips for Staying Cool All August
Beat the heat with these tips on how to stay “cool” for back to school!
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Bring a refillable water bottle to work, and keep one in your child’s backpack so you can fill up with the most important fuel for your body … water!
- Enjoy a frozen treat! Frozen ice pops are a favorite treat that double as a flavorful source of water, and you can even make your own popsicles.
- Install a ceiling fan to help with cooling costs in the summer. You can increase your thermostat by as much as 4° according to Energy.gov.
- Change the settings of your thermostat when you’re away from the house, including longer stays away such as a late summer vacation. Check out our recent vacay mode blog for more helpful vacation tips.
- Be sure your A/C is doing its job! Schedule a preventative maintenance check with Best, to make sure your system is operating at its peak performance.
If you live in the valley and want to find out how Best Heating & Cooling can help with all of your HVAC needs, visit us online or call us at